In November 2016, the owner of Glasgow Private Hire decided to upgraded their current booking and dispatch system to one of the most modern systems on the market.
Dundastech was asked to asset in the project from investigating new systems to project management of the changeover.
Glasgow Private Hire decided to purchase the iCabbi booking and dispatch system along with the Disc Systems cloud based phones system. After various meetings it was decided to aim for a “Go Live” date of the 1st February 2017. A project plan was produced and various tasks assigned to the managers to help with the project.
Not only was this a change of the computer dispatch system but a change from their old phone system to a new cloud based phone system with SIP trunks.
The project was broken into sections
- System setup and configuration
- Entering of Driver, Vehicle and Staff data
- Entering and setup of Account customers’ data
- Training of Call Centre and Management Staff
- Training of Drivers (this was completed via e-learning)
- Installation/upgrade of hardware including monitors and telephone handsets
- Testing of Drivers in vehicle App
- Testing of Main system
- Testing of Phone system including IVR, Driver Ringback, Call recording
- Entering of existing customers telephone numbers and addresses in the new system
- Move of all phone numbers from either coper analogue lines, ISDN2, ISDN30 to SIP
On the 1st February 2017 at 10am the changeover was successfully completed. It was made simple as the drivers already had the new devices in the vehicles, the staff had been trained, the management were ready.
The operation was a success.
In the first 4 weeks of the system going live Glasgow Private Hire handled just under 200,000 bookings.
Glasgow Private Hire was delighted with the services provided from Dundastech. The project took a total of 3 months from start to finish and this included the break for Christmas. The original “Go Live” date of the 1st February 2017 at 10am as the target and it was achieved.